In the Augustinian tradition, the Mission of Villanova Preparatory School is to graduate mature young adults of diverse backgrounds who reflect the qualities of truth, unity, and love. The school does this by providing a challenging college preparatory curriculum and Catholic environment that promote the development of mind, heart and body. These young adults will think, judge, and act in ways that are sound and in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The Vision of Villanova Preparatory School
Building on nearly a century of experience, Villanova will be a leader among Catholic secondary schools by providing high quality education for young men and women in the Augustinian tradition. We will offer a breadth of opportunities to foster the intellectual achievement, personal and physical development, artistic and creative talents, and service-leadership of our students.
Our programs and community will exemplify Gospel and Augustinian values of Truth (Veritas), Unity (Unitas), and Love (Caritas).
We will be the first choice of students and families who seek excellence in college preparatory and Catholic education.
Specifically, we will be characterized by:
1. Education that is distinctively Catholic in its philosophy, instruction, culture and practices that prepares young men and women for a happy and fruitful life in this world and the next.
2. Academic Excellence with students at the center.
3. An Outstanding Faculty and Staff, grounded in Augustinian values and with a love for learning, fully dedicated to the mission of the School.
4. A Diverse School Community, that welcomes students from a wide range of backgrounds. The unique presence of international resident students offers opportunity for global citizenship, mutual understanding, and lifelong friendships.
5. A Small, Supportive, and Safe School Community, situated in a beautiful natural environment. Villanova is committed to enhance learning through vibrant campus life.
6. A Distinguished Program for Young Women in the study of mathematics and the sciences.
The Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation has issued a challenge grant for student scholarships to Villanova Prep. Doheny will match all gifts made for student scholarships from now through September up to $15,000.
Celebrations for graduation at Villanova Preparatory School begin with a Baccalaureate Mass at 7 pm on Friday, May 24, at St Thomas Aquinas Parish, located at 185 St. Thomas Drive in Ojai.
Commencement exercises are set for 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 25, in the Villanova Grotto. The ceremony will be presided over by the Very Rev. Gary Sanders, O.S.A., Prior Provincial of the Province of St. Augustine.
Medical Examinations in dorm lobby on May 11th 9:00-11:00 am.