Resident Student Arrival
- Check In:
- Screening Questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- Do you have a negative COVID test?
- Do you have your wellness check?
- Did you bring masks?
- Temperature Check
- Collect all information and prescriptions
- Student and Parent review and agree: Villanova Social Distancing must be followed at all times.
- Permit student and one parent / family representative to enter the dorm and assist with room unpacking
- Parent / family representative should minimize time on campus.
Villanova Social Distancing Protocol
- Must wear a face covering at all times indoors
- Handshakes and other forms of physical contact are prohibited.
- Maintain social distance of minimum 6 feet at all times.
- Avoid Direct Contact completely, as defined by CDC (10+ minute conversation without masks and less than six feet of distance)
- Follow the traffic flow direction of the hallways, if in place.
- Hallways are for active movement only. Conversations and congregating should only take place outside or in larger designated indoor spaces, such as the recreation room, resource center, and dining hall.
- Face coverings may only be removed when:
- In personal dorm room with door closed
- Outside and at least 15 feet apart from all other people
- Follow posted protocol for Gym, Weight Rooms, Pool and other common areas established by Ventura Department of Health.
- Personal Devices should
- be disinfected regularly
- Never be visible in a restroom (does not leave the pocket)
- Not be used during a meal
- Students may not enter any dormitory room that is not their own.
If a student is presumed positive with COVID-19
- Student is isolated from the general residential population.
- Contact will be made to Ventura County public health / doctor to assess.
- Contact Tracing identifies all potential direct contacts.
- Student is permitted to remain in isolation on campus pending test results or doctor’s order.
- Communication will be sent to the school community.
- If confirmed positive:
- Parents will be required to arrange care and/or transportation from campus.
- Parents may opt to purchase a care plan through AmeriStudent.
- Direct Contacts will
- be taken to a nearby testing location immediately
- Transportation will be coordinated by the nurse
- be quarantined within their dormitory room
- have designated restroom
- Have parents notified
- Have meals brought to their dorm room door.
Dining Hall Procedures
- All food and drinks will be served by the dining room staff. There will be no self service options in the dining room
- Students and staff will enter from the exterior door (near the Art Room), follow a single direction path while maintaining an appropriate social distance from others, and exit into the Cantwell hallway.
- All people entering the dining room must wear a face covering. No one will be permitted to enter without a face covering.
- All food and drinks must be consumed outside of the dining room.
- Students and staff can only enter the dining room and kitchen area during designated meal times.
Dorm Restroom Procedures
- If possible, avoid using the bathroom while another person is inside.
- Keep at least six feet of distance between you and other people at all times.
- Only use every other toilet, shower, and sink. In other words, leave an empty toilet, shower, or sink between you and the next person.
- Wear a mask at all times except when brushing teeth or showering.
- Avoid touching surfaces you do not need to touch.
- Wash hands thoroughly when you are finished.
- Use a paper towel to flush the toilet, turn the sink on and off, and open the door.
- Wipe down any surfaces you touch (toilet handle, sink, shower, light switch, door handle, etc.) with a disinfecting wipe. Place the disinfecting wipe in the trash.
Common Areas (Recreation Room, Resource Center, etc)
- Villanova Social Distancing Protocol must be followed in all common areas
- Shared items must be sanitized after use, such as a computer, printer, copier, pen, book, microwave, tv remote, etc. Disinfectants will be provided in all common areas for sanitization.
COVID-19 Safety Plan for In-Person Instruction: