Villanova expects students to project the positive image of the school. The dress code is designed to demonstrate our core value of unity and reflect self-respect, pride, good judgment and awareness of dress that is appropriate to place and action. All student attire must be neat, clean, modest, not torn, in good taste and based on the values of Catholic education. The dress code is in effect for students during the period of time between the ringing of the first morning bell and the end of the class day. After school, students may choose to be out of the regular dress code, but they must remain neat, clean, modest and in good taste. In all matters regarding dress code, final decisions rest with the administration under the direction of the Head of School of Villanova Preparatory School.
Outerwear (jackets, sweaters and sweatshirts)
- Villanova logoed sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets or coats are preferred outerwear.
- Non-Villanova Outerwear may only include a college/university name/logo or a small manufacturer's logo. Outerwear may not have large designs or graphics
- Hats may not be worn indoors.
Spirit Day Dress:
- Fridays and other designated “spirit days” are meant to show off your Villanova school spirit.
- If a student wears official Villanova logo-wear (T-Shirts or Sweatshirts) they may also wear denim pants or official Villanova warm-up pants (no Villanova athletic shorts).
- Jeans may not be ripped.
- Spirit wear must be visible.
Game Day Dress
- Official Villanova athletic jerseys, team issued spirit wear, or warm up tops may be worn instead of a polo shirt with regular day dress bottoms.
- Game Day Dress does not apply to Formal Days.
- Wildcat Day, dances and class retreats have special dress codes that will be communicated at the appropriate time.
Short shorts, yoga pants, tights (only), overalls, board shorts, and tank tops are not appropriate for school activities. These items should not be worn on campus or school sponsored activities including but not limited to dances, or Wildcat Day.
Students will be checked each morning during homeroom and sent to the office. If in violation of the dress code, they will return only when they are in compliance. This will be deemed as an unexcused class absence.