Faculty and staff are a critical component of Villanova Preparatory School. Villanova offers opportunities to work with caring and highly-capable students from Ventura County as well as many countries around the world.
The following position is currently open at Villanova Preparatory School.
The position reports to the Director of Development.
The Development Specialist is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations and database management, participating in Development events and activities, and assisting with annual fund and major gift management. Events include but are not limited to the annual auction and golf tournament. This position will assist with Alumni programming and communications; including planning onsite and offsite alumni events. The Development Specialist must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Support the Director of Development in all day-to-day management of annual fund and major gift programs including direct mail, personalized solicitations, donor record management and donor relations.
- Annual Appeal Mailing: Manage all aspects of annual appeal mailing including managing lists, coordinating with printing and mailing services, tracking all returned mail, and reporting response rates to Director of Development.
- Process all incoming gifts and follow up with timely thank-you/acknowledgements.
- Database Management: Oversee daily operation of donor database, maintain ongoing updating and management of donor database to ensure accurate recording of donor demographic information and giving history.
- Event Planning/Management: Manage lists and RSVPs, secure and manage volunteers, review all internal/external contracts, coordinate all on-site logistics, event follow-up and wrap up.
- Alumni Relations: Assist Alumni Relations team with event planning and communication for alumni events, including social media and e-communications support.
Additional job description details will be available upon interview.
- A. degree preferred, or 1-2 years’ experience in related field
- Excellent communication, writing, proofreading and speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Proficient use of MS Office, mail merges, and Google.doc
- Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of eTapestry or other fundraising software.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume HERE