Faculty and staff are a critical component of Villanova Preparatory School. Villanova offers opportunities to work with caring and highly-capable students from Ventura County as well as many countries around the world. Please see below for current employment opportunities.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Reports to: Head of School.
The Director of Development is a member of the Villanova Preparatory School’s administrative team reporting to the Head of School. The Director of Development is responsible for leading segments of the School’s Institutional Advancement program. The Director will also be responsible for developing and maintaining active and productive relationships with board members, donors, alumni, parent association, school administration and other VPS stakeholders.
The responsibilities and duties:
- Manages strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for individual, foundations and corporations.
- Assists in fundraising activities for the School’s endowment program.
- Advertise and cultivate the Annual Fund Drive and Parent Giving Program.
Development Office Infrastructure
- Creates office systems to support fundraising projects and operations
- Supervises donor and gift record keeping.
- Coordinates development research actives
- Oversees the management of databases and all records, files and gift processing.
- Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs.
- Supervises Development Staff and volunteers.
- Attend and give input on all WCEA - E3 meetings.
- Assist the Parent Association and volunteers to assist in special events and other fundraising programs as needed.
Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, and Alumni Relations
- Works closely with the Director of Admission, Director of Finance and the Head of School to develop public relations, Vista magazine and requisite advertising plan.
- Oversees the Alumni Coordinator in the cultivation and communication with alumni.
Board of Directors Relations
- Works with the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and the Head of School at Villanova Preparatory School to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Develops fundraising training for Board members and other leadership volunteers.
- Works with the Chairs of the Development Committee to develop necessary reports for the Board and other agencies.
Position Skills And Abilities
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, planned giving, and capital campaigns.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Be organized, technologically savvy, have strong writing skills, and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
For consideration, please submit electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org